Do you feel like anxiety is steadily taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Or is anxiety a chronic buzz in the background of your life that gets in the way of fully relaxing in your life?
If this sounds like you, please reach out to Wild Precious Life Therapy (available in-person in the Highlands neighborhood of Denver or online) for help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment for your mind and your nervous system so that you can get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. Therapy is a must when anti-anxiety or depression medication is being taken. That’s because anxiety therapy treats more than just symptoms of the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Snappiness or general irritability
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about (can be a symptom of ADHD & ADD)
- Obsessions about certain ideas; a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past; a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Therapy can help you uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, and look at situations in a new, less frightening way. Together, we can help develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you live in Colorado and suffer from any level of anxiety, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.